PipeDown

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
writes:
Is adding a dye the only way to make it darker.

Bear in mind that darker concrete will probably be noticeably hotter in
sunlight, depending on just how dark you make it. In cold climates this
might be an attractive option, in hot climates it might make the path
too hot for barefeet in summer. But I agree that newly laid white concrete
can be blindingly bright at midday, and a darker tint would be welcome.

Adding Dye will color it throughout but there are a variety of transparent
and opaque stains that will color it anything you like. YOu can mix a DYE
in or some are sprinkled on top after pouring. ASk your concrete dealer or
contractor what he can do.

I've seen stains used to make a cobble stone look and other faux finishes.
They masked off lines where they wanted it to look like grout lines then
stained the concrete with brown and green and it looked pretty good in a
picture.