Amun

"H" wrote in message
news:XD2Ue.291$GK2.147@lakeread07...
Folks,

A couple of weeks ago, I had my asphalt driveway replaced. The driveway

is
about 40 ft long by 16 ft wide.

After the crew left, we noticed that there were roller marks in the
driveway. They were not particularly deep (though one is noticeably
uneven), but the fact that they are even there left us feeling like the

job
was poorly done. Across the 16-ft driveway, there are three noticeable,

and
uneven, roller marks.

The paving company said that though it is an "eyesore" (their words), it

was
structurally sound, so they would not do anything about it.

I am aghast at their attitude, but wanted to know from anyone here who

knows
how indignant I should be about this. This was not an inexpensive job,

and
I did not take the low bidder. I really expected better. Should I have?

The sole remedy he offered was to send a larger roller to try to smooth it
out. Apparently the larger roller guy came along and told the company

that
it wouldn't work.

Can anyone offer a solution to this, short of tearing it out and starting
over?

Thanks

Short of adding another thin layer over top that may not stick already or
raise it too high
Not much to solve your "line" problem.

Had you caught it within a day or two the asphalt may have still been soft
enough to roll again.

If the company won't do anything. e.g, give you a bit off the price.
Don't forget to point out the quality of their work to all your neighbors.
Some may be considering replacing their drives too, and better they know who
NOT to hire.

I wouldn't rip up the driveway over it though.

AMUN