MC

What I have done before is use a three position remodel box, cutout the
extra drywall needed for the newer bigger box, carefully remove the old
steel box off the stud through the bigger opening, feeding the existing
wiring out.
Install existing wiring with new wiring into new box and install.
The only catch is really need to have a good tight fit and solid drywall
where the back flaps hold to the drywall for the type of box that has the
screws in the opposite corners that have the flaps on the back that twist
into place and tighten down to hold the box in place.

MC
wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:27:24 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

It's a little tricky, but doable. If you've got 2x3 gem boxes, the end

plate
is held on by a screw at the top of the box.

I agree with RBM. You will hate the stackes switches after a while. It
will always look like an afterthought