Christina Peterson

Duane, by his use of the word "pistol", I would guess that he doesn't have a
gun section if he has a Wally-World at all.

Tina

FDR wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
FDR wrote:

Which is more important? A saving a tv, or saving somebody
trapped
in
flood?

Keeping order so the latter can be done w/o additional loss

of
life
and
preventing the other widespread violence is equivalently
important
as
the former gets in the way of the latter and endangers the
would-be
resucers safety as well as that of the others.

The TV itself if of no consequence, order is.

I don't recall hearing of looters causing violence. I think

their
priority
was getting the loot home.

Included in the loot were large numbers of handguns and other
weapons...

Aren't those things supposed to be locked up?

Weren't the TVs locked up in the store, too?

Well, I can see how a tv and a pistol can be considered equal. I

mean,
those looters stole tvs so they could throw them at the police from a
block
away. I bet that tv flew a whole three feet before hitting the

ground
and
the police laughed.

So tell me again about tvs and pistols.....

I don't give a hoot about any of the property, per se...the issue is
keeping civil order. You brought up violence. I mentioned the
weapons--seem to go together to me. You asked about locks. I

mentioned
the stores were locked, too. You repeated yourelf yet again.

And you're insinuation was that a lock is a lock. I would hope/think

that a
pistol shop has better ways to lock up pistols, much better ways, than a
WalMart locks it's tvs.

Have you not walked through the sporting goods area of your local
Wally-World?

Nor would I suspect that the folks under discussion were much concerned
about a little extra effort...