Duane Bozarth

nugz wrote:

Funny thing is I did have an inspector look at the place and didn't
find anything wrong with the plumbing. Only thing he suggested was to
cover up the pit that's collecting the overflow since it located under
the addition where the back of the old house used to be. I think he
sucked as an inspector and Im considering talking legal action against
him if thats possible.

You saw a pit w/ no obvious drainage and didn't think something wrong?

Anyway, my gutters are feeding into some drain and is going under
ground. Does that usually lead into the city drain before or after my
house? ...

No. Rarely (if ever) do cities allow gutter connections into city
sewers. That doesn't mean somebody didn't do something they shouldn't
have, of course, but it isn't "usual".

I hope you have some sort of documentation on file the original
condition. I would assume there are disclosure laws in your state that
were followed prior to the sale? If so, I'd check those forms carefully
for willful misrepresentation that is definitely documentable. It is
quite possible you will have grounds for some recompense from the
seller. As for the inspector, that would depend quite a bit on what he
actually said in his weasel-words the situation.