nugz

Thanks for the replies fellas. I do see some cracks on the new side
where the addition was added but nothing major. Should I assume that
there would be absolutly no cracks anywhere or is a minor crack an
indication of impending doom? Regarding patterns with the cracking
noises, I definitly hear it at night alot before bed. I will try to see
if I can determine how often it does it during the day but that will
have to wait til the weekend since I work 9 to 5.

Funny thing about the addition is that it seems to pitch downwards and
away from where it connects to the old part of the house on the 2nd
floor. Definitly a small 2 to 3 foot section seems to be on a small
incline away from the old part of the house, but then seems to level
off in the bedroom. Only have a 3 foot level but so far everything
seems to be pretty level in both of the bedrooms. If anything, the new
bedroom floors seem to level a hair higher when I measure in the center
of one of the rooms. So I'm not sure if its just that "connecting"
section thats a little off or whether or not the addition is really
settling. Like I said, this fact plus the noises has me terribly
worried.