CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

TURTLE wrote:
"Saml" wrote in message news:gMGSe.1596$Zp.892@lakeread04...

Heard a guy on TV, (don't remember who it was but it was during NO coverage)
that said everyone should have Federal Flood Insurance, since it can be had
for a couple of hundred $.

If that is the case, and I am not sure that it is, then everyone would have
it, I guess.
Any hard Dollar figures for how much it costs for the Federal Flood
Insurance?
Thanks
Sam

This is Turtle.

Flood insurance is determined as to what zone you live in. If you live in a zone
that floods everyday they are more and places that never flood the cost less.

My house flooed YEARS ago because of stopped up drainage canal and is listed as
a long shot to flood. It cost me $250.00 a year for $105K house and $55K Content
in a long shot zone.

Here is a little secret for you. If the Sewer system in your area gets stopped
up and backs up to flood your house. Your home owner insurance will not pay for
it. Any water that rises into a house is call flood and you need Flood insuranse
for that. Now if a Towlet just hangs up and runs over it is Home owners insurace
that covers it.

any water that backs up into your house is Flood water to pay and any water that
comes down into your house is called Home owner insurance to pay.

All the homes in New Orleans that flooded will be called flood insurance and
none will be called home owners insurance.

TURTLE

True. I argued several years back with my insurance company after my
basement flooded. They clearly stated they covered water damage. he
tried to explain why that meand only leaking water pipes and not backup
but it was not in the document like that.

He got quite flustered and tried to tell me how it was his job to
explain to me why I was not covered. Somehow the fact that it was his
job was supposed to make it all true. Insurance is a damn racket.

Anyway, FEMA ended up covering us due to local conditions.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert