Percival P. Cassidy

On 09/08/05 07:22 am Steve Manes tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

How much room do you have from the floor to the ceiling? Do you have
extension or torsion springs?

At its lowest point, I have 79" from the floor to the bottom of the
exposed steel 8" joists under the concrete deck above. The current
door has extension springs but I'm replacing all of this and widening
the opening to 9' so it could be either.

Our garage door has torsion springs, but the tops of the pulleys are
already more than 6 inches above the top of the door opening. The newly
installed iDrive did not add anything to that height.

IOW, the balancing mechanism alone took more than 6 inches above the
door opening, even without any kind of mechanical opener. Are there
balancing mechanisms that need less than that?

Perce