FACE

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:12:19 GMT, in alt.home.repair "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

Konyoman wrote:
We just had a few rooms painted and I noticed that there are several bubbles
in the paint... The painter told us to leave them as they will be absorbed
into the wall.

Is this true or will he need to sand them, putty and re-paint?

You mean like little craters, where a bubble was
but then it popped? If so, no they aren't going
into any wall, they will just sit there. If you
mean big round paint blobs, then who know, but
don't count on them being absorbed or when they do
it will look like hell.

I won't claim to be overly experienced here but I have found that if
painting is done when it is too hot, the flatteners in the paint have no
chance to work since it dries so fast. That usually applies to visible
brush strokes being left, which I have gotten in the house before. But if
the paint is shaken, not stirred, (hat tip to Bond there) I suppose you
could get bubbles the same way.

I know this applies to polyurethane, though that is a completely different
type of paint.

(Outside, I try not to paint at much over 80 degrees or in direct sun --
which was been difficult outside in July. On the winter end , I don't paint
at under 50 degrees. )

FACE