Steve Manes

On 8 Sep 2005 03:33:42 -0700, "Brian" wrote:
Another vote for IDrive, they work ok, remotes are weak, and slow; and
when you cross safety beam lights won't turn on ... but Idrives are
also pretty darn fast and allow low clearance.

Thanks for the tips. Googling around though, I found a whole nest of
nasty comments about iDrive, from installation nightmares to flakey
performance to poor customer service. Here's one such thread:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...317346904.html

The principle behind iDrive seems great and, in theory anyway,
nonproblematic. But after reading this stuff I'm reluctant to try it
given my luck with such things. If there's a bug in something, I
usually tend to find it.

Are these just older, dot-oh models and Wayne Dalton has since cleaned
up its act?

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house