Lurch

On 15 Sep 2005 16:06:03 -0700, scrawled:

When I start on the next room should I continue from the doorway (i.e.
continuing working in the same direction) or start on the opposite side
from the door again where the longest straight wall is and work towards
the door again ? (so that the flooring is laid in both rooms working
towards the common door ?

Er, is the room a different size then depending which end you measure
from? How's starting at a different end of the room going to make much
of a difference? Or am I missing something?

P.S. Also, how important are the expansion strips, should I put one in
the doorway of the built in larder too if I'm laying flooring in there
too ?

Depends how big the rooms are and whether it needs some expansion in
that area. If you've measured it out and there should be an expansion
strip then fit one.

I overheard a bloke talking a while back and he was quite impressed
with how he managed to get his laminate floor to fit perfectly up to
the skirting all the way around the room, with none of these big gaps
everywhere like everyone else has. Hmmm....
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group