kip

Spend some money and call a professional in an get an estimate..
Now isn't that the best way to do it ?/

kip
"MTLnews" wrote in message
This morning, turn on my TV (SONY KV32S22) to watch something before
leaving
for work, and all was fine for about 2 minutes.

Then the picture goes black on the bottom 1/3rd of the screen. the top
2/3rds screen shows black on both sides coming down on a slight v-shape,
and
horizontal black lines across the picture that is visible. Within about 15
secs, the screen turns black, but sound was still there... Power off, turn
back on, and it is fine for about 30 secs, then same thing all over
again...Thought maybe the Video input I was using died, so tried with the
Tuner alone, and it did the exact same...

I checked the service manual, but there are way too many test points, and
without much previous experience, no way of easily narrowing it down...
Not
sure I'm ready or patient enough to take the try to repair yourself path
just yet...I hate to replace the unit, since the image was very clear, and
the unit is about 7 years old... But I don't want to spend $150 for
someone
to look at it, and then tell me it will cost me another $200 to repair...

Anyone have any idea what the source of the problem may be? I am
suspecting
the high voltage flyback on these units, but maybe I am luckier and it is
something simpler...

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.
-Tony