Curly Woods

In article ,
says...
Grabbed a pair of book matched cherry crotch cuts at local purveyor,
$7.00 each. Cut them down on the TS and glued up a panel from the
straight center pieces, joining on the TS cuts as I don't own a
jointer and that wood was NOT going to hand plane with a 605 Stanley
and a Hock blade&chipper (learned what "blade chatter" and "tear out"
mean trying it!). The panel is far from perfect, but is adequate, and
has a pretty figure. It's about 24" X 12".

Pics are at

http://web2.airmail.net/xleanone/ind...herry%20Panel/

the wood was wiped with water to show figure in pics.

Looking for ideas on using it. Door on a cabinet? Lid on a chest? Back
of a hanging display cabinet? Other thoughts?

BTW, the last pic includes a matched pair of cut-offs. They form an
interesting arrowhead shape that I'm also contemplating a use for.
These pieces are not clean, multiple small splits, sapwood, etc.

Regards.

Tom

I would say a door panel to maximize the visual impact.
--
All the best,

Michael Mastin
Curly Woods