Dave Hall

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:11:32 -0400, Robatoy
wrote:

In article ,
Dave Hall wrote:

I have to confess to be a bit of a Joe Walsh fan...hehehehe...

You got those all night laundrymat blues, do ya?

I've seen him work. He's nuts. Non-conventional, very musical and
creative. I'm not sure he could ever play anything anybody else wrote,

He plays those Eagles tunes pretty well, even those recorded long
before he was part of the band ;-)

all-in-all a showman who happens to play his guitar expertly--- his way.
Similar to Moon as a drummer...the best 'Keith Moon Style' drummer there
ever was.
In terms of 'expert' guitar playing, it happens to be people who play
stuff I don't particularly care for..like Segovia, Kotke...... hell..
even Ricky Skaggs.

Now, now, I like Ricky... but then the older I gets the more country
music and Bluegrass I listen too. Alison Krause and Union Station is a
current favorite and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (currently elder
statesmen of country) has been a favorite since the early 70's. Much
of country is 70's rock with a southern accent.

I also like the 'sleepers'...people you'd never associate with guitar
playing.
Sarah McLaughlin's version of Blackbird floored me the other day. That
girl can play.

Dave Hall

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it." -- G.B. Shaw