Dave Hinz

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:30:48 -0400, Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:15:18 -0700, s
wrote:

no, yngwie is a pretentious plagiarist. Zappa is god.

Yngwie is a plagiarist? And, by your logic, God is dead, right?

Yngwie ripped off Nicolo Paganini's caprices and violin concertos.

Not to mention...damn. What are those guitar exercises really called?
I always called them "The Arpeggios from Hell" but was regularly
corrected. Some Italian guy from the 17th century or so...

If you even hear them back to back, your chin will drop.

Maybe Paganini was reading from the same Arpeggios book?

That's not to say that Malmsteen doesn't have amazing technique, he has
to have to play stuff like caprice # 5... but he is a plagiarist....IF
he claims to have written any of that baroque stuff he plays....

Note that I also didn't take exception to the "pretentious" part. I
mean, he's not nearly as bad as that guy from U2, but he certainly has
an ego.

Damn fast fingers, though. Oy - this is interesting:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/enc...ical_music.htm
(mind the wrap)

Some of these are blisteringly freaking obvious, like "Hall of the
mountain king" (the who, 1968) was inspired by the Peer Gynt Suite. No
****? Whooda thunkit? But yeah, some of them are surprising. Oh, and
Yngwie is in there...

Anyone remember the guitar exercises I'm trying to think of the name
for?