Darren

One other thing ...

This is for a Jet 11442 so I assume I would need th 1" x 8.

Thanks
Darren

"Darren" wrote in message
I have been turning for years but I have always done it with face plates or
spindle turning. I find myself wishing I had a Nova chuck that I could
just clamp things in place. Can someone help me out a bit by explaining
these chucks a bit better. I have looked all over the web and think I
understand but I thought I would check here first before spending that kind
of money. http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/supernova.html seemed to
have some good info.

* Is it really worth it to get the Super Nova vs Nova - there is a
significant price difference and it looks like Super Nova is easier to use
(locking mechinism)
* When you buy a Nova chuck what all comes with it? They all say wood
worm screw. It seems like I can you do "spigot" turning (where you clamp
down on the wood) and "dovetail" turning (where you put the clamp in an
opening and "press outward" to hold it? Maybe I have my terms wrong.
* The site says "There is one-inch travel to full closed." - does that
mean it can't grip a spigot less than 1"?

Any other words of advice?

Thanks
Darren