Default Freezer motor running 24/7

Hi all,

when we bought our house in 2002 it had a recently (1 yr old) Baumatic
built under freezer in a fitted kitched.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago the motor was running nearly 24/7.
Since the freezer was quite happily freezing, I wondered if a fluff
build up on the fins was a problem. I took the freezer out, gave it a
jolly good hoover, defrosted it and put it back.

It is still running 24/7 on setting "2" (of 4). It is still freezing
fine.

Anyone any ideas on whether it's possible to fix this, as I am sure the
motor is *not* meant to run 24/7.

One thing which may or may not be significant, but when I was
defrosting it, I discovered, in the top left back of the inside a small
wire/pipe, which was clipped into a plastic holder. This was simply
flapping about loose, however, looking at the holder, it appears it
should be clipped to something about 8mm in diameter, since it has two
clips on it (one broken). I tried in vain to (gently) move this around,
but could not find a suitable place to clip it.

Is it easy to get freezers repaired, or are we looking at a new one ?

Are built-under appliances built to a standard size so I could replace
this once easily ?

regards