Stan Shankman

Travis,
Hey thanks for the reply!
Yeah, I checked out the link you gave, and it defiantly states it is a
275-watt output unit.
But I don't get it. What is the 425-VA rating if not power in watts?

Oh, and thanks for the 'Staples' tip. I will defiantly stop in and check
that out!
By the way, you have also given the APC units rating in units of "VA".
So, does this mean that it will be less than 275-watts output?

- Stan Shankman

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
. ..
Stan Shankman wrote:
I have this UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) that needs a serial
cable to communicate with the computer.
Minuteman Alliance A425
425-Watt Uninterruptible Power Supply

Not really - it is a 425VA UPS (about 275 W). Here's the DB-9 pin outs.

http://www.minutemanups.com/support/...e_manl_eng.pdf

This is a 10 year old UPS and no doubt the batteries are gone by now.
I'd scrap it and buy a 350VA APC UPS next time it is on sale at Staples
for $30.