Don Foreman

On 14 Sep 2005 10:41:03 -0700, "ed_h" wrote:

Thanks for the lead. I researched Stay Brite. It is a little hard to
find, but is available mail order, anywhere from $50-$90 for a one
pound spool. However, McMaster carries a silver/tin solder with just
about exactly the same composition (from the MSDS sheets) for about
$35. If anything, it has slightly higher silver content. It doesn't
list a brand, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that it is Stay Brite
when I get it. They also have a flux that appears to be very close to
Harris Stay Clean (again from the MSDS sheets). Thanks for the advice.

That's the stuff. $35/lb is about right; that's what Staybrite goes
for at my local welding store.