Greg Postma

Default Update on various subject

A couple of weeks ago, I asked if any of you could reccommend a tube
bender for a project I have been working on. I think it was Paul that
suggested Wagner in Milwaukee. Well, I picked up the bent tube yesterday
and they did a nice job. My cost was about $400USD for 15 pcs (2 bends
each). Not to bad, and I will be able to polish,do my magic and ship on
Friday. Right on time!!!

Thanks to all who made suggestions

Next.

I posted a couple of months ago about my little Atlas/Craftsman lathe
that my FIL gave me. I've been playing with it and I discovered that I
have a runout of about .008-.009" with the chuck on. At the spindle I
have about .0005" (1/2 a thoushandth) at the spindle. It first, I
thought that I might have bad bearings on the spindle, but .0005" seems
pretty good, so most of the runout must be in the 3 jaw. Any suggestions
to get rid of the runout?

Greg