Rich

http://www.miracleinstrument.com/garage.html would be the people to contact
if you insist upon getting one of these things.

"Steve Manes" wrote in message
I'm installing a new wood garage door in a small, low-ceiled garage
and want to install an automatic opener.

A garage door installer came by for an estimate yesterday and told me
that I didn't have enough ceiling height for my existing door and that
the opening would have to be shortened to six feet to accomodate an
opener. I'm six feet tall and with a door sitting even lower than me
I can see some serious skull cracks from that.

The installer said he needed a minimum of 6" overhead clearance
between the rails and the ceiling. No exceptions. I googled around a
bit and found a zero-clearance opener, albeit a bit pricey:

http://www.aaaremotes.com/miaugadoop601.html

Currently I have about 3" of overhead clearance.

Does anyone know of any other low-clearance openers or any experience
with the Miracle(tm) opener above?

Thanks.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY