Tekkie®

RicodJour posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Jack wrote:
I echo already posting.. adding for emphasis the heating of the joint
AWAY, or on the far side of the joint from where you are touching the
solder to... in other words if you make the hottest part of the joint
the place farthest from where the solder is applied, the solder will
"travel" around/through the joint giving you a good, well soldered
joint.

Right. As a point of clarification, I tell people to heat the far side
of the fitting. If you tell them to heat the joint some people heat
the pipe more than the fitting. Both will work, but keeping the heat
applied to the far side of the fitting will ensure solder flow with a
minimum of applied heat.

Heat the far side? Never heard of that. Aren't you directing the heat toward
you then?
--

Tekkie