calhoun

"Keith" wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe I am using the wrong term...When I removed the original window, I
had nothing left except the 2x4 studs that make up the frame. Then of
course, you have a half inch of plywood, and the siding.

The original window butted right up againt the aluminum siding. So when
I removed the original window, I needed to do something with the
siding, like put a j-channel all around the perimeter.

If I have the window sit entirely on the frame stud, then the sill of
the new window, with it's drain holes, hangs over the plywood -not
good.

Keith

I am confused now. You removed the entire window and frame so there is just
the studs. Are you now trying to use a replacement window or did you get a
new construction window? A new construction window should have a nailing
flange around it that just nails to the plywood than siding covers the
flange. I have used the BryMar but only as a replacement window which
requires the existing window frame to be there. I am not familiar with them
configured for new construction with a flange. Sorry I can't be of more
help.