RicodJour

Hi: I need to replace my porch steps. Previoously they were built
right on the concrete sidewalk and have rotted. I've never done this
before. I am handy with tools and would like to try. Any tips or
further info is appreciated. I want to paint the steps. What kind of
wood should I use? I'd like to get the bottom off the ground so there
is not as much chance of rot. How might I do this? Thanks a lot, Dan

Use treated wood for the framing, and composite lumber (Trex, Nexwood,
Fiberon, etc.) for the treads and risers. No need to paint - ever.
Paint doesn't last too long on wood steps. If you use treated wood for
the framing, sitting on concrete won't hurt it.