MattMika

Let me get this straight.

a) Having the fire department come out was important enough to spend
the fire department's time and probably the city's tax dollars but not
more important than putting off the things you had to do for a few
minutes?

b) You asked the guy to stop and he did. You then, after he stopped,
tried to call the fire department on him?

I asked nothing. "I announced my displeasure as I walked off and commented
as to the legality of burning in the city." I then went and tried to call
the fire dept., "but the non-emergency # was disconnected." I didnt want to
call 911 to report a non-emergency violation. Luckily the fire was
extinguished and that cemented my decision to blow it off.