Laurence

In article ,
Em wrote:

I'm looking for a smallish torch to fit in a pocket or
handbag, presumably powered by a couple of AA cells. I have
heard that some LED torches are pretty good. Any
recommendations or thoughts?

Not exactly small, although it's comfortable in my pocket, is a
"Gelert 3-in-1 Miniature Hanytorch". It runs on four AAA
batteries and has a flattened oval cross section.

Very crude ASCII art follows.

(O) End view

Focussable bulb
\/
LED |-|----|-| LED
| | | |
|--------|
Switch (| |
|\ |
| | |
| | |
Tube | | |
Light | | |
| | |
| | |
|/ |
| ____|
|---|----| Battery cover

There is one LED in each of the cresent moon shapes. The bulb is
a tiny thing, like a Maglight Solitair bulb, and the tube is
some kind of flourescent arrangement. You can see the circuitry
through the case as it's transparent. They claim one set of
batteries will provide 30 hours use on the LED's, 3 on the bulb
and 4 using the tube.

The LEDs are good and white, the bulb is powerful enough for
fairly serious use, but the tube is a bit weak and bluish in
colour.

The biggest drawback is that there's only one switch which
cycles between the different lighting systems.

Laurence

--
.... Beware of low flying butterflies.

/ \|__)|__)|__||__ | ||__ And isn't your life extremely flat
\__/| \| | ||__ |__| __| with nothing whatever to grumble at.

....Life's a RISC... lbATorpheusmailDOTcoDOTuk