blueman

"Fred" writes:
"blueman" wrote in message
"Fred" writes:
Got one on order, $354 out the door including delivery charge, so what's
the
catch? Is dual bevels on other saws worth that much more?

Amazon just lowered the price to $304 with free shipping...

I thought free shipping too, but look again its $49.

I just checked and you are correct.
However, when I ordered it 2 months ago it was $354 with free shipping
plus $25 off orders over $200.

I also noticed that many other tools (including the PC sidewinder I am
looking at) no longer qualify for free shipping.

So between getting rid of the recent $25 off $200 and $50 off $250
offers and by eliminating the free shipping, Amazon has significantly
raised the effective price of tools by as much as 30%.

Pretty deceptive given that they are heavily promoting "new lower
price" on many of their tools -- yeah right, not if you include lack
of discount coupon and free shipping.

Should be interesting to see if tools sales volumes go down on Amazon.