Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Brad

If freezing would kill bugs, than why do we still have all those bugs up
here in Canada, I assure you it does freeze here, every winter, for
weeks if not months on end !! and yes we still do have bugs, all kinds.

I have used different stuff, and they work, gunk, gasoline, paint
thinner, diesel fuel etc., just dunk your turning in it, it works, the
smell disappears when the solvents etc. are evaporated, and yes you do
take the normal precautions, like when you fill up your mower etc., no
smoking and all the rest of the regular precautions.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Brad Curfman wrote:

Some guys like to brag about doing romantic things for their wives.
Well, I made a set of candle holders a couple weekends ago for a candle
light dinner for my wife that night. She really loved the idea and
bragged to all her friends about it.

A few days later, I found out that the pinholes and white residue on the
wood I used were from powderpost beetles. Needless to say, those candle
holders are no longer on the dining room table. Spalted maple can make
turnings look great, but nobody will be impressed if they see bugs
crawling out of your work.

Brad Curfman
http://www.curfman.net