I believe there were three, all 10/16. I did replace them with regular
lytics, but 50 volt units. I have done this before, as long as you use
a high enough rated cap you can get away with it.

Let's face it, the whole thing runs on 9 volts, and if they're using an
np cap there, that means they expect the polarity of the applied
voltage to change. It's also a good bet that it's a signal coupling cap
and not likely to see even the whole 9 volts.

A 10/50 can easily take 3 volts reverse. If some tech caused a problem
it was probably a cap with a low voltage rating.

You didn't say that you do, but you, or your organisation should not
summarily condemn RPTVs based only on age. There are some units that
have held up quite well. More on this in another thread, I'll start it
later.

JURB