Leon

"webfeet" wrote in message
ups.com...

My question! I am looking for suggestions from people who have made or
make drawers. How do I fit these things? I have read that I can fit the
drawer width pretty close to the opening; however the height of the
drawer needs to have a gap to allow for the expansion. I am also
attaching to the bottom of the drawers hardware to allow for smooth
action (brought these from Lee Valley's).

I try to make the drawers 1/16" total narrower and 1/8" shorter than the
opening.
If your drawers are hard wood and the dresser opening where the drawers
slide is hard wood may I suyggest no hardware slides at all provided you
have web frames to support the drawers. While soft wood in this situation
tends to feel draggy, hardwood with a bit of wax or Silicone AFTER ALL
FINISHING IS COMPLETED will yield a drawer that slides as smoothly as one
mounted with hardware.