Gerald Ross

baumgrenze wrote:

I have a Dewalt DW423 random orbital sander that no longer has
continuity between the power switch and the brushes. A quick search
turned up two online opinions that the speed control fails under use
and that it is best to by-pass the speed control and convert the sander
to a full speed machine. See:

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Tools-H...splay_~reviews

I do not find it intuitively obvious how to do this.

Has anyone made this conversion who is willing to describe how to
bypass the speed control?

Thanks

I did this on my Dewalt router until I got a new control. It was the
wheel type and had 3 wires, One was the hot from the on-off switch and
one went to the brushes. I forget what the other was but I ignored it
and connected the two other wires. Lost the soft start feature until the
new control was installed.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA