Tom Knowles

Default Mitsu CS27303

Original complaint,, No Sound.
Now turning set on get good picture but still no sound. Pushing Menu
button on the remote turns the screen blue and nothing else works. Menu
button will restore it to it's original condition.
ONce in a while after unplugging the set and leaving it for day or so
it will work perfectly, until menu is pushed then all I get is the blue
screen.
I have read many FAQ'S about many caps being bad in these sets,
should I get busy with my ESR meter or should I look at the Micro
Processor circuits.
When it comes on in its "no sound" condition there is no OSD, but a
good picture , and the channels can be changed.
Since this tv is a 1994 model,is it ready for the landfill, or has
someone out there run into this before. Any suggestions will be
appreciated.
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
TOM