webfeet

Default How to fit Drawers?

I am making two Maple dressers. I have the carcasses finished; however,
I am getting ready to make the drawers. I will be making the drawer
fronts out of Walnut with the back and sides made from Brown Maple. The
front and back will be attached using a through dovetail. To achieve
this I bought the Leigh dovetail jig. I have read quite a bit about
making the drawers. I have also used the Leigh jig once and ended up
with pretty good results for my first attempt - good for a first time
but not good enough for the dresser.

My question! I am looking for suggestions from people who have made or
make drawers. How do I fit these things? I have read that I can fit the
drawer width pretty close to the opening; however the height of the
drawer needs to have a gap to allow for the expansion. I am also
attaching to the bottom of the drawers hardware to allow for smooth
action (brought these from Lee Valley's).