Robatoy

In article .com,
wrote:

Are there any other options available to me?

I cheat. I measure my way through and make sure I have an extra 1/16"
between the top of the countertop ( I make up a dry dummy if it involves
tile) and the bottom of the upper cabinet.
After the installation of the top, I slide the garage into place and and
slip a couple of cedar/composite shims under the countertop, lifting it
for a snug fit. Then I attach the garage to either upper cabinet or wall.

Recently there have been a few installations where I did the
countertops, where the corner/upper cabinet was taller than the upper
cabinets beside it. In that case, life is easy..just lift the corner
unit and drop it on top of the garage.

PS.. I never bother with backsplash inside a garage either, I terminate
the backsplash at the sides of the appliance garage.