Steve R.

There is an Ohlson & Rice bicycle motor listed on Ebay.

Steve R.

wrote in message
On 11 Sep 2005 18:52:30 -0700, wrote:

Eric wrote:
wrote:

because of the high proce of gas, would putting a motor on a bicycle
be
practicle to get to work a few days a week? I live about 18 miles away
it is all highway with a wide berm for bicycles. I have a spare 5
horse
motor from an old tiller. Could I mount a bracket and put it above my
back wheel to drive the back wheel on my 10 speed mountain bike? Would
I be able to pedal it home if the engine failed? How would I rig a
clutch of some sort or would I even need it? Seems like an interesting
project.

How fast could you go with a 5 horse motor?

Yes you could, its called a "motorcycle" and they have been around for a
long time, come in a wide variety of styles and horsepower and can be
purchased at a dealer near you
Eric

You, and others that have given similar responses, have missed the
point. He has the motor and the bicycle and wishes to use them. Some
people enjoy making things themselves rather than buying things
pre-made.

Bruce

If he could get a picture of this aparatus, he could likely duplicate
it himself.