Glenn Ashmore

Looking at the Google Earth satellite pictures of the flooded area there are
no barges in the 17th Street canal or anywhere close to the other break. As
I understand it the 17th street canal break started as an underwash that
broke through the backing berm. When the berm washed out there was no
support for the wall.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , John R.
Carroll
says...

Looked like a COE dredging barge to me.

Was there a photo?

This is the first, and only discussion of a barge
damaging the levees that I've come across.

Jim

please reply to: