Edwin Pawlowski

"Ulysses" wrote in message

I would not use one without venting. Although there is a small flame
there
will still be some CO present. Besides that you will get some soot.
There
is probably a baffle inside the flue or chimney that needs to be able to
move freely. Soot can also build up inside the chimney and it should be
cleaned occasionally, perhaps once a year.

Propane gas ranges and ovens have been used in homes for decades and have no
venting and no soot buildup.

In my house, the CO detector is about 10 feet down the hallway from the
kitchen. With 4 burners and the oven going, it gets no reading from the
range. I don't see a problem.