Amun

"hanson" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had to solder some copper water supply pipes recently. Fortunately,
none of the connections leaked. I am using a standard butane (blue)
torch.

With most joints, when I touched the solder to the heated metal, the
solder was drawn into the joint just as it should be. But on a couple
of joints, the melted solder seemed to ball up on the surface of the
pipe (though these connection still did not leak).

Why would this happen?
-Did I not clean the surface properly?
-Did I not apply enough flux?
-Did I overheat the joint before applying the solder?

Thanks for your help.

All , or any one of the above, and also add "underheating joints"

AMUN