TURTLE

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
TURTLE wrote:
There is a thin line between them paying or not with todays policys.

I'm just saying I'd strongly recommend checking the terms of the
individual policy in question, not relying on generalities...

This is Turtle.

The insurance agents that are sent out to look at your flood or Water Damage has
these words in mine when looking. You can draw a clear line between flood and
rain / wind damage with the rules here.

If it Falls in to your house it is regular Home Owners insurance.

If it backs up or rises up in your house , it is flood insurance.

There is a clear line that can be drawn between them. There was a big push by
insurance companys to push the coverage over to flood insurance and the Federal
Government draw the line in the sand where Flood insurance will pay. Beyond
these words of rising into your house, all coverage goes to home owners
insurance if they elect to put a rider on your policy to not pay for what they
don't want to pay for.

TURTLE