Morris Dovey

loutent (in ) said:

| Still no respect for the line.
|
| Maybe its time for a marking knife...but will
| I respect that any more?

Well, if you use a knife you might as well cut to the mark since it
can't be erased. Challenge yourself to make every saw kerf remove just
the waste side of the mark - it's possible, but not as easy as it
sounds (pencil lines and laser guides will suddenly look fat and
crude).

Don't buy one of the Lee Valley French-made ebony-handled marking
knives! I bought one and it's absolutely useless. It's so beautiful
that I just can't bring myself to actually use it - I use my old
pocket knife instead.

FWIW, being AR might be an asset when your goal is a fine, exact fit.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar