loutent

Default No respect for for the line...

Hi all,

This has always bothered me (anal as I am).

Whenever I trace/draw a pencil line on a piece to
be cut, I never have confidence in it. If I am doing
(say) crown moulding, I will hold a piece up there
and mark a line. I never/seldom actually believe in
the line I just marked - I will allow an extra 1/4.
It is never correct. Then I step down off of the 8 ft
ladder and cut again. Now it's only 3/32 off. Down again,
back to the MS to trim "a hair".

Still doesn't fit right.

OK, another hair...then another....

It's kind of funny every time I think about it.

Next time, I use a sharper pencil.

I "mark" the line, but I don't "respect" the
line (I know it's a Seinfeld thing).

I've been a hobbyist for near 20 years now.

Still no respect for the line.

Maybe its time for a marking knife...but will
I respect that any more?

Thank the Lord I don't have to do this for a living!

Lou