James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"BillyBob" wrote in message
k.net...
I'll be so bold as to say there are none. Adding one requires machining or
replacement of existing parts. Its not a simple bolt-on affair. A well
designed riving knife has mechanical linkages that keep its position and
distance from the blade constant, as the blade is raised and lowered.
This
is a non-linear linkage, since the back edge of the blade-table
intersection
shifts forward as the blade is lowered. Jet makes commercial parts to
support a Riving knife on some of their saws. I actually got the manual
and
parts numbers through a contact in Ireland. But actually buying and
getting
the parts is an impossible task. The european and american operations have
no relationship with each other. I gave up.

Bob

Hmmm, I lived in Ireland for 3.5 years and my wife is from there. Might
have to look into this a bit. It actually might be easier for me to just
make my own in the long run. I've got a Griz. cabinet saw so not sure if
the Jet stuff is interchangeable.
Cheers,
cc