Lobby Dosser

"BillyBob" wrote:

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a source for riving knives that one could adapt
for

the
US made (or sold!) saws? I too am most interested in installing
such a beast but don't have the patience (read: time) to try to
figure one out

at
the moment.

I'll be so bold as to say there are none. Adding one requires
machining or replacement of existing parts. Its not a simple bolt-on
affair. A well designed riving knife has mechanical linkages that
keep its position and distance from the blade constant, as the blade
is raised and lowered. This is a non-linear linkage, since the back
edge of the blade-table intersection shifts forward as the blade is
lowered. Jet makes commercial parts to support a Riving knife on some
of their saws. I actually got the manual and parts numbers through a
contact in Ireland. But actually buying and getting the parts is an
impossible task. The european and american operations have no
relationship with each other. I gave up.

Bob

Take a look at the BTXX mount. Two bolts and some shims to center the
knife on the blade. The distance between the knife and blade is fixed and
it moves up and down and tilts With the blade. No complexity.

Here's a link to the manual:
http://www.bt3central.com/articles/layoutpage.asp?ArticleId=65