Stephen M

"Marc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,

We are currently renovating our bathroom for which I have built a
custom vanity complete a concrete counter top and vessel sinks. I've
also built a tile shower and I was thinking of installing some maple
tongue & groove (if it exsits) or maple veneer plywood on the shower
ceiling to match the vanity. What do you guys think about this idea?

Link here is what it looks like:

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...id=10014&stc=1

Nice shower, bad idea. If not available, you could certainly make your own
shiplap or T&G maple. I would, however, be concerned that with all the
moisture/heat of a shower, eventually there would some infiltration of water
through the finish. Streaks of mildew would look partucularly bad on a light
wood like maple.

To be fair, I think that it would look really sharp at first; I'm just not
sure that it would stay that way.

-Steve