BillyBob

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a source for riving knives that one could adapt for

the
US made (or sold!) saws? I too am most interested in installing such a
beast but don't have the patience (read: time) to try to figure one out

at
the moment.

I'll be so bold as to say there are none. Adding one requires machining or
replacement of existing parts. Its not a simple bolt-on affair. A well
designed riving knife has mechanical linkages that keep its position and
distance from the blade constant, as the blade is raised and lowered. This
is a non-linear linkage, since the back edge of the blade-table intersection
shifts forward as the blade is lowered. Jet makes commercial parts to
support a Riving knife on some of their saws. I actually got the manual and
parts numbers through a contact in Ireland. But actually buying and getting
the parts is an impossible task. The european and american operations have
no relationship with each other. I gave up.

Bob