Andrew Rossmann

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article lblVe.476667$s54.470727@pd7tw2no, says...
Is it possible to make a wall wart cord longer by splicing the appropriate
size wire into it? If so what size wire would I use? I want to make it
about 5 or 6 feet longer.

As long as it's the same gauge or thicker, it should do. If it's a DC
output, be careful of polarity. Some only use a very thin rib or squared
corner to tell the two wires apart!! You may want to somehow mark right
at your cut point if it's hard to tell them apart, then cut right in the
middle of your mark. I would use a meter to check the output before
changes, then after, to be safe.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross