FACE

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:16:23 -0400, in alt.home.repair FACE
wrote:

Seems I found the right newsgroup to ask this, I am looking at some
"situations" in this endeavor that I have not tackled before and may be back
for advice. G

Question to Pat: Do you use the Big Orange citrus cleaner full strength or
in a dilution? I am also using Zep housewash.

All in all, thanks to all,

FACE

After the last two days of cleaning the brush was supple enough to use again
so I did my 100 square feet of housepainting on the second story (split
level, 3 two story sides)from the extension ladder yesterday afternoon.

Sure, 30 years ago i would have done 1000 square feet or so in a day but
this is not 30 years ago. :-)

That I have only been doing an average of 100 square feet a day is the
reason i have not been washing the brush out everyday but looking for ways
to keep it from day to day and washing it maybe once a week...or two.
And that is how I ended up with dried paint in the bristles. I got enough
out in the past two days, including the fingernail bit someone suggested
to go with it yesterday.

The brush, complete with it's 6 oz of paint, overnighted, well wrapped, in
the freezer. I put it in just after I had finished my painting yesterday
afternoon.

Another day, another 100 square feet, maybe 200!, this afternoon. Weather
is beautiful for this I started my other soon-to-be-sold house in late june
and just the front split-level face over there lasted through July. All but
the face of that house is well shaded and the rest does not need paint nor
is the new paint on the face, which bakes in the sun daily, obviously
different from the rest.

Same situation over here except since this house has not been fully painted
in 11 years other than area touch-up and front trim and painting the chimney
chase twice and I am doing the whole thing.

FACE