John Rumm

Grant wrote:

I also asked about mixing old & new cable (different core colours) and
they said that that was perfectly OK as well. I had thought that I
needed to add a label to the CU stating that there was a mix but
apparently not. Maybe just in other parts of the UK?

The label is called up in an ammendment to BS7671 - so if you are not
obliged to work to that then there may be no requirement for it. Having
said that it sounds like common sense to add it anyway (not as important
on socket circuits, but makes more difference if you are changing any
lighting circuits with two way switches, where the three core and earth
colours could be a tad confusing!)

--
Cheers,

John.