Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"AllEmailDeletedImmediately" wrote:

"steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
sounds like people who had flood insurance will be compensated for
flood damage and people who don't won't

as it should be. damn well better not pay out for coverage that
wasn't bought just to look good. we'll all pay for that.

In all likelihood, someone will pay. What I suspect will happen is the
uninsured will be given the option of taking on a low interest loan
that's sponsored by FEMA. A lot of people will go bankrupt. Property
will go abandoned and decline. Then for the property that goes
untouched, but needs repair, eventually local residents will get upset
when those properties become problems, so they'll pressure government to
come in and fix the problem, so eventually, taxpayers will foot the
bill. Its just a question of how long the unrepaired properties will be
allowed to fall into further disrepair before government takes over
those properties and rehabs them or demolishes them.