Brad Curfman

Default Anecdote from a beginner woodturner

Some guys like to brag about doing romantic things for their wives.
Well, I made a set of candle holders a couple weekends ago for a candle
light dinner for my wife that night. She really loved the idea and
bragged to all her friends about it.

A few days later, I found out that the pinholes and white residue on the
wood I used were from powderpost beetles. Needless to say, those candle
holders are no longer on the dining room table. Spalted maple can make
turnings look great, but nobody will be impressed if they see bugs
crawling out of your work.

Brad Curfman
http://www.curfman.net